cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Grégoire Lamodière <g.lamodi...@dimsi.fr>
Subject RE: System VM version - CS 4.11.1
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:32:11 GMT
Ok, I reply to myself.
I think there is something to check about this on the way CS handle template choice on systemvm
templates creation.

Both 4.11.1 KVM and Xen templates have been registered with UI.
The KVM one is typed "SYSTEM", and the XEN "USER".

So when systemvm were created, they were using old template on Xen.

This points me to the following questions :

1/ Is it a systemvm issue (should not check the type when selecting the template ?)
2/ Or is it a template registration issue - only set SYSTEM to the first one, or KVM one,
and not the second / Xen

I think someone else already wrote the same workarround on this list (UPDATE DB SET type='SYSTEM')

Cheers.

Grégoire

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Grégoire Lamodière [mailto:g.lamodiere@dimsi.fr]
Envoyé : vendredi 12 octobre 2018 18:31
À : users@cloudstack.apache.org
Objet : System VM version - CS 4.11.1

Hi All,

I have a strange behavior on a CS 4.11.1 deployment (upgraded from 4.11.0)

This deployment has a mixed cluster (KVM / CXP-NG 7.4).
Both systemvm templates (KVM / XEN) have been deployed with proper URL

When systemvm are on one KVM host, they report proper version.
On XCP, they report 4.11.0

I check on a virtual router (/etc/cloudstack-release) and it reports 4.11.0.
On the vr start, it shows 4.11.1

And if I try the « upgrade router » from UI, it breaks the vr.

I will check the source to understand the init process and try to understand what is happening.

Anyone already got this issue ?

Cheers

Grégoire