cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jon Marshall <jms....@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject Basic vs advanced networking
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 06:54:39 GMT
Having looked at both in a lab environment I am wondering what the advantages of running basic
networking are.

Obviously with basic you can use security groups (although you can with advanced if using
KVM) but apart from that advanced seems to offer all the features of basic plus a whole lot
more.

The only downside I have found with advanced is that VRs seems to be the most "flaky" aspect
of ACS and obviously you end up with a whole lot more of them.

Would be interested to hear opinions either way.

Thanks