cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: KVM Live Snapshots
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2018 15:51:57 GMT
Make sure you have kvm.snapshot.enabled set to true in Global Settings. This setting change
will probably require a management server restart.

- Si

________________________________
From: Asai <asai@globalchangemusic.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:44 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: KVM Live Snapshots

Greetings,

We successfully upgraded to 4.11.1.  One of the main reasons we did this was that we thought
this would enable us to do live KVM snapshots of running VMs.  This doesn’t seem to be the
case, though.  When I try to snapshot a running VM, I just get the message: "KVM VM does not
allow to take a disk-only snapshot when VM is in running state"

Is there a way currently to do this with Cloudstack and KVM VMs?

Asai