cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asai <a...@globalchangemusic.org>
Subject Re: KVM Live Snapshots
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 00:59:09 GMT
This sounds like a great idea, except where can I find the VM snapshot in the file system?
 I’ve checked the database for some kind of indication, and I’ve check primary and secondary
storage to try to locate this snapshot file but I can’t find it… Any insights on this?

Thanks!

Asai

> On Aug 23, 2018, at 2:25 PM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> There are lots of ways you can implement a Business Continuity or DR plan.
>
> Some folks implement a second region or zone in a different market and build their applications
or services to be resilient across different data centers (and/or markets). This often involved
various forms of data replication (DB, file et al).

> If you rely on secondary storage for backups, the assumption here is that it uses a different
storage system than your primary storage and it can be used for recovery if your primary storage
was to fail.

> Now since the VM snapshot feature can be called by API and the resulting QCOW2 file is
written to primary storage, you could use a script to execute the snapshot and then copy off
the QCOW2 files somewhere else.

> You could also use something like the Veeam agent - https://www.veeam.com/windows-linux-availability-agents.html
and backup your VMs to an offsite NFS mount.

> - Si

snapshots).  But in case of disaster, how do we recover this?