cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Berezhnoy <d.berezh...@emzior.ru>
Subject Amount of virtual machines per host
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 07:46:38 GMT
Hello,

I have installed cloudstack-management, cloudstack-agent(KVM hypervisor)
and nfs-server at the same physical server. Then I have created virtual
machines one by one in 8 parallel threads. For each thread I created shared
network(VR). This server has two SSDs with ZFS filesystem. Copying files
and disk speed is good enough (not only in system idle), but when I have
450 virtual machines the next one has been creating during 5 minutes, is it
correct work? This time becomes too long on 200 (about a minute) virtual
machines and increase on every 10 machines or so. Does anybody have any
ideas how to make it faster?

Here is another question: how transaction from secondary storage to primary
works. I see that images on primary are something like delta from original
image (deduplicated?). Which component of Cloudstack is responsible for
transfering data from secondary to primary?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and info.

Best regards,
Dmitry