cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Multi-DC Install: Install Tips?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2018 10:59:57 GMT
Hi Don,

Very few people (if any) run hardware management servers. The model depends on which hypervisor
you use – but a typical installation will run a small hypervisor management cluster just
to host the management and MySQL VMs as well as any other infrastructure VMs required –
so you probably just need compute capacity for 3-4 VMs at the most. I would guess your 32GB
servers would do for this and then you can use the rest as of your hardware as dedicated compute
hosts.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect