cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack Collab Canada anyone?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:31:41 GMT
1) Work on the website and docs to make Cloudstack look more attractive
for people looking for a cloud orchestration solution.
- clear description of what it does
- clearly identify target environments - company datacentres, cloud
service providers, software development teams, etc.
- clear identification of benefits for each target as opposed to other
solutions
- add customer testimonials from each of the target markets.

2) cleanup roadmap, remove wrong and contradictory information

3) use social media to direct people to the new information.

The team has done a great job in getting a strong presence in the
presentations

4) put out a regular stream of messaging about each of the presentations
in social media.
There are some local Montreal groups on social media. I will try to add
to the list.
- https://twitter.com/technomontreal?lang=en
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/technomontr%C3%A9al/?originalSubdomain=ca
- https://www.meetup.com/cities/ca/qc/montr%C3%A9al/tech/

Perhaps we should develop a list of "important" social media venues and
regularly share important news on them.

Ron

On 11/07/2018 5:52 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> All good to hear - looking forward to seeing you all
>
> Whilst we're on this subject, I thought I would chime in with this:
>
> This will be the second year that we've co-located Cloudstack Collaboration Conference
with Apachecon. Last year (Miami) was really successful: great agenda, great talks, really
well organised. However, our attendance was down compared with all previous CloudStack Collaboration
Conferences.

> IMO, this was down to the fact that, previously, we had always promoted CCC from within
the community as it was "our" event. However, last year, I think we all sat back a little
and expected Apachecon folks to do that.

> A lot of work has gone in to putting a great agenda together again (http://ca.cloudstackcollab.org/#schedule)
>

> I see  that many people on this list will already be coming (or considering coming)
either specifically for Cloudstack collab or to attend the broader apachecon talks,  but it
would be really great if we can get the attendance up from last year.

> So, if everybody could help us a little, it would be very much apprecited
>
> Some specific call outs:
> 1. please share on social media (look for @cloudstack @ApacheCon). Share your talk, share
others talk, share the conference generally
> 2. If you're in this community, please make every effort to try and come. These conferences
really are great for ideas, sharing problems, learning, working together, etc

--
Ron Wheeler
President