cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Melnik <v.mel...@uplink.ua>
Subject Re: qemu2 images are being corrupted
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 12:05:47 GMT
Hello,

I have a side question, if you don't mind.

I'm going to implement the checks you were wrote about, but still having some doubts. What
do you think, is it really safe to run "/usr/bin/qemu-img check" to check an image of a running
VM? As I understand, it should be absolutely safe, as the "check" operation being run without
the "-r" parameter doesn't try to write anything to the file, but I'd prefer to ask this question.

So, is it safe to perform check of the image that is being used by a running VM?

Thanks to all,
Vlad

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 05:21:24AM -0400, cloudstack-fan wrote:
>  * but when you run `qemu-img check ...` to check the image, you may see a lot of leaked
clusters (that's why I'd strongly advice to check each and every image one each and every
primary storage at least once per hour by a script being run by your monitoring system, something
kind of `for imagefile in $(find /var/lib/libvirt/images -maxdepth 1 -type f); do { /usr/bin/qemu-img
check "${imagfile}"; if [[ ${?} -ne 0 ]]; then { ... } fi; } done`);