cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Swen - swen.io" ...@swen.io>
Subject AW: [PROPOSE] Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 07:10:14 GMT
Hi Paul,

thank you for this! I like it.

Best regards,
Swen

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Juli 2018 11:25
An: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: [PROPOSE] Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation

Hi All,

We currently have four sources of documentation [1]. Which make managing the documentation
convoluted, and worse, make navigating and searching the documentation really difficult.

I have taken the current documentation and combined them into one repo, then created 7 sections:

CloudStack Concepts and Terminology
Quick Installation Guide
Installation Guide
Usage Guide
Developers Guide
Plugins Guide
Release Notes

I haven't changed any of the content, but I've moved some of it around to make more sense
(to me).  You can see the result on RTD [2]

I'd like to PROPOSE to move this demo version of the documentation over to the Apache repos
and make it THE documentation source, update the website, and mark the current repos/sites
as archive data.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs.git <https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs.git>
is a bit of a dodge-podge of resources https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-install.git