cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Adam Witwicki <awitwi...@oakfordis.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading from 4.9 to 4.11
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 12:15:39 GMT
Hi Rohit,
Those instructions were followed

There was no keystore.passphrase=  in agent.properties, it was found in agent.properties.rpmsave

Removing cloud.jks hasn’t worked I now get in management log

2018-05-04 13:03:33,246 DEBUG [c.c.u.s.SSHCmdHelper] (qtp510113906-18:ctx-4f329b77 ctx-c350b74b)
(logid:29765313) SSH command: /usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/util/keystore-cert-import
/etc/cloudstack/agent/agent.properties /etc/cloudstack/agent/
2018-05-04 13:03:33,247 ERROR [c.c.h.k.d.LibvirtServerDiscoverer] (qtp510113906-18:ctx-4f329b77
ctx-c350b74b) (logid:29765313) Failed to setup certificate in the KVM agent's keystore file,
please configure manually!

I can't find any instructions configure manually!
Is anyone able to provide some?

Thanks

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Sent: 04 May 2018 13:02
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 4.9 to 4.11

** This mail originated from OUTSIDE the Oakford corporate network. Treat hyperlinks and attachments
in this email with caution. **

Hi Adam,

If you're upgrading to 4.11.0.0, please use the correct release notes:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.11.0.0/

When you upgrade, you'll need to upgrade both management server(s) and kvm host agents to
make it work. By default, the new CA service will keep the global setting 'ca.plugin.root.auth.strictness
' to false for an existing deployment (this is only true for new/fresh installations).

When the above global setting is false, and you want legacy behaviour make sure you don't
have any cloud.jks in your KVM hosts's /etc/cloudstack/agent/ path. On the management server
side, 4.11.0.0 creates a cloud.jks which holds a random certificate (starting 4.11.1.0 this
won't be necessary, and this file will not be created in mgmt server's /etc/cloudstack/management/
path).

If you make any changes (and after upgrades), try to restart the management server(s) and
kvm host agent(s).

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>