cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 4.9 to 4.11
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 12:02:17 GMT
Hi Adam,

If you're upgrading to 4.11.0.0, please use the correct release notes:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.11.0.0/

When you upgrade, you'll need to upgrade both management server(s) and kvm host agents to
make it work. By default, the new CA service will keep the global setting 'ca.plugin.root.auth.strictness
' to false for an existing deployment (this is only true for new/fresh installations).

When the above global setting is false, and you want legacy behaviour make sure you don't
have any cloud.jks in your KVM hosts's /etc/cloudstack/agent/ path. On the management server
side, 4.11.0.0 creates a cloud.jks which holds a random certificate (starting 4.11.1.0 this
won't be necessary, and this file will not be created in mgmt server's /etc/cloudstack/management/
path).

If you make any changes (and after upgrades), try to restart the management server(s) and
kvm host agent(s).

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>