cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Open Suse or SLE not working
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 18:04:00 GMT
Vijay,

It sounds like you have two different problems:

1) DHCP lease file – this will be down to issues in your SLES template – you probably
haven’t sanitised network settings well enough on the source VM before creating the template.
2) Password reset script: this is something you can and sometimes have to edit to fit your
guest OS. Check https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/setup/bindir/cloud-set-guest-password.in

As you can see the password is retrieved with “wget -q -t 3 -T 20 -O - --header "DomU_Request:
send_my_password" http://<PASSWORD_SERVER_IP>:8080” - so you have to just troubleshoot
your way through how this is enumerated on your SLES box and potentially make some changes.
In its simplest form just run this from command line on your SLES guest and see what is returned.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue