cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: KVM in Xenserver advanced networking environement
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2018 08:34:19 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

Take a look at a blog article I did a couple of years ago - it will give you a fair bit of
background on how to configure KVM: https://www.shapeblue.com/networking-kvm-for-cloudstack/

A few pieces of advice:
- Unless you have some very specific networking requirements don't use a separate VLAN for
storage - just run with the default which will run secondary storage traffic over the management
network.
- Guest VLANs 2000-2699 - no problem - just make sure your top of rack switches can handle
that amount of VLANs - most of them will do. Also keep in mind you need to run this on trunks
- CloudStack manage the VLAN tagging for you.
- Public VLANs: unless you plan to run a large amount of public networks you don't need such
a big range - most organisations start with 1 public VLAN
- iSCSI primary storage traffic is not managed by CloudStack - so all you need to do is make
sure the KVM hosts can speak to your storage.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue