cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: KVM HostHA
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2018 18:07:22 GMT
Hi Victor,

What parameters do you have for:

kvm.ha.activity.check.max.attempts
kvm.ha.activity.check.interval
kvm.ha.activity.check.timeout
kvm.ha.health.check.timeout
kvm.ha.degraded.max.period

the logs should show entries relating to these, BUT.... it's possible that as you performed
a clean shutdown, the agent could have sent a shutdown ack to the management server, so the
management server may no longer be polling.  I'm not sure about that scenario.

I recently used:
echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger

as suggested by Nux, to simulate a host crash.

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: victor <victor@ihnetworks.com>
Sent: 07 March 2018 17:02
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: KVM HostHA

Hello Guys,

I have installed cloudstack 4.11. I have enabled HA for each hosts I have added. I have also
added ipmi successfully (using ipmi driver). The hosts are showing like the following.

=======

HA Enabled 	Yes
HA State 	Available
HA Provider 	kvmhaprovider

======

Also the host is showing the following correctly

Resource state --> Enabled
State --> UP
Power state --> On

So I have shutdown one of the hosts to see how the KVM hosts Ha is working.  I have waited
for half an hour. But nothing has happened. What will happen to the VM's in that host, if
the host failed to back up.
There isn't much from logs.

Regards
Victor