cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Container Service Requirements
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:19:40 GMT
Parth,

CCS sits on top of CloudStack so is agnostic of the physical configuration, as long as your
isolated networking is ok, then CCS will be able to function on top of them.

Sounds like you need to troubleshoot your isolated networks, try independently creating isolated
networks to ensure you can create them ok.

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Parth Patel <parthpatel2597@gmail.com>
Sent: 22 March 2018 20:33
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Container Service Requirements

Hi all,

I need someone to guide me through Shapeblue ccs service configuration. I am currently using
ACS 4.6 with it. I have following components available at my exposure:

- I have 3 (16 GB Ram and 4 Cores) machines each with 1 physical NIC.
- I have two networks: 192.168.20.1/24 (using this for isolated guest
network) and 172.16.20.0/16 (management server and NFS servers network)
- I am using KVM hypervisor and NFS for storage.
- Currently, the output of brctl show is:
cloud0          8000.000000000000       no
cloudbr0                8000.3464a92a083a       no              eno1
virbr0          8000.525400daae23       yes             virbr0-nic

First I didn't know that CCS requires Advanced Zone to work (uses Isolated Guest Network),
but still after having two different network CIDRs, when I try to create a container cluster
with just 1 node (cluster size), ACS throws InsufficientVirtualNetworkCapacity exception and
lines like:
"NetworkGuru can't implement network [275||15]" are printed in management server logs.

My main doubt is are two physical separate NICs required to make this work?
It would be beneficial if anyone who has successfully configured Shapeblue CCS service shares
their implementation details or tell me if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Parth Patel