cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <daniel.herrm...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Customizing SystemVM Template
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:32:40 GMT
Hi all,

While still working on the automated testing, I got another request. We want to modify our
system-VM template to include for example a monitoring tool (zabbix agent) to help us monitoring
the router.

Is there a guide on how to modify the template? I can download the OVA, start it with virtualbox
and export it again, but at least for usual templates there are some one-time jobs during
initial boot that need to be turned on. Is there any guide on how to modify the system VM
template?

I know that there has been information about that in the context of the Dnsmasq vulnerability
(https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/dnsmasq-vulnerabilities-advisory-for-cloudstack),
but I guess they have been removed as soon as the updates templates became available.

Can someone help?

Thanks and regards

Daniel

--

Daniel Herrmann

Network Engineer – Fraunhofer Private Cloud

CCIE #55056 (Routing and Switching)