cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Boris Stoyanov <boris.stoya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Automated testing of our environment
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:31:42 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Marvin is the framework that carries out the integration tests of CloudStack. We use it extensively
in the community when testing new changes. I can recommend you to use the all the tests in
‘smoke' directory since they cover most of the functionality.

Since 4.10 we’ve invested a big effort into fixing most of the issues in the smoke tests
and now they are mostly passing, with some small exceptions.

On your question, it’s not recommended to run marvin tests agains your prod environment
since it’ll be creating new vms, networks and etc. This can cause downtime and unavailability
of some of your resources. Marvin DOES NOT write anything in the data base, with some ignorable
exceptions (changing global settings and then reverting them), so you should not be worried
about marvin interactions with the DB. I would recommend you to run tests only against a test
environment.

Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com