cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Automated testing of our environment
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 11:14:27 GMT
Hi Daniel

On 03/20/2018 10:38 AM, daniel.herrmann@zv.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> We’d like to automatically run some tests again our live environment on
> regular basis. Something like:
>
> “Deploy a VM with a specific template, assign an IP address, enable
> static NAT, and check if the SSH password and keys work”

This would be very easy to do with ansible.

It would even allow to log in to the deployed VM and run tasks on the
VM, e.g. install packages like a webserver and then check if the
webserver is accessable from the CI system.

Or in case of VPC integration tests: verify if a configured site2site
VPN works, etc. All with ansible's battery included...

https://github.com/resmo/ansible-cloudstack-example may give you some
ideas how to setup.

Yours
René