cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject [4.11] Management to VR connection issues
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:46:02 GMT
Hi

We upgraded from 4.9 to 4.11. VMware 6.5.0. (Testing environment).

VR upgrade went through. But we noticed that the communication between
the management server and the VR are not working properly.

We do not yet fully understand the issue, one thing we noted is that the
networks configs seems not be bound to the same interfaces after every
reboot. As a result, after a reboot you may can connect to the VR by
SSH, after another reboot you can't anymore.

The Network name eth0 switched from the NIC id 3 to 4 after reboot.

The VR is kept in "starting" state, of course as a consequence we get
many issues related to this, no VM deployments (kept in starting state),
VM expunging failure (cleanup fails), a.s.o.

Have anyone experienced similar issues?

Regards
René