cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: VR routing issues in Advanced Mode
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:02:15 GMT
Hi Andrei,

You’re confusing the matter with your masking of public IP ranges. You said you have “2
x Public IP ranges with /26 netmask” – but since you are masking them out with X’s your
email doesn’t make sense. If all the X’s are the same then a .10 and a .20 IP address
would be on the same /26 network.

I will assume that you do in fact have 2 x 26-bit networks, e.g.:

192.168.0.0/26 – with default gateway 192.168.0.1
192.168.0.64/26 – with default gateway 192.168.0.65

If your two guest networks have VRs on separate public IP ranges you will have e.g.

VR1: public IP 192.168.0.10
VR2: public IP 192.168.0.70

For a VM hosted behind VR1 to reach a service NAT’ed on VR2 you need to set up routing and
possibly firewalling on the data centre device which handles the default gateway for the two
networks – i.e. the top of rack switch or router which hosts default gateways  192.168.0.1
and 192.168.0.65. The fact that you can reach services on both networks from outside this
range makes sense.

So once you have fixed this you will have VM1 > VR1 > DC_SWITCH_OR_ROUTER > VR2 >
VM2.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect