cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: [4.11] Management to VR connection issues
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:26:40 GMT

On 02/20/2018 08:04 PM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>

> Thanks for sharing - I've not seen this in test/production environment yet. Does it help
to destroy the VR and check if the issue persists? Also, is this behaviour system-wide for
every VR, or VRs of specific networks or topologies such as VPCs? Are these VRs redundant
in nature?

We have non-redundant VRs, and we haven't looked at VPC routers yet.

The current analyses shows the following:

1. Started the process to upgrade an existing router.
2. Router gets destroyed and re-deployed with new template 4.11 as expected.
3. Router OS has started, ACS router state keeps "starting". When we
login by console, we see some actions in the cloud.log. At this point,
router will be left in this state and gets destroyed after job timeout.
4. We reboot manually on the OS level. VR gets rebooted.
5. After the OS has booted, ACS Router state switches to "Running"
6. We can login by ssh. however ACS router still shows
"requires upgrade" (but the OS has already booted with template 4.11)
7. When we upgrade, the same process happens again points 1-3. Feels
like a dead lock.

Logs:
https://transfer.sh/DdTtH/management-server.log.gz

We continue our investigations