cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sean Lair <sl...@ippathways.com>
Subject XenServer Licensing Change - Switch Hypervisors?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 00:53:32 GMT
It looks like XenServer 7.3 will no longer have the following features in the Free Edition.
 Is anyone considering moving from Free to Standard Edition or possibly to another hyper-visor
(like KVM) for their CloudStack environment?

Thoughts?  We are looking more at KVM at this point, any feature gaps we should be aware of?

Free Edition Changes

-          Limited to up to 3 hosts per clusters

-          No Pool High-Availability

-          No Dynamic Memory Control (DMC)

https://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/product-overview/citrix-xenserver-feature-matrix.pdf

Thanks
Sean