cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2018 10:42:28 GMT
(not voting, but) +1 to the general idea of API versioning as a separate initiative.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

________________________________
From: Rene Moser <mail@renemoser.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:37:18 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration

Hi

On 12/28/2017 10:52 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> All,
>

> We've come across a pull request which changes the event description to use/export UUIDs
instead of the numeric internal ID of a resource. I'm not sure if this could potentially break
any external integration such as billing, crms etc. so wanted to get your feedback on this.
My understanding is external billing/intergrations would consume from the usage related tables
for data than events table.

> The PR is https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1940
>

> Comments, thoughts? Thanks.

Even though I am +1 with this change, we should work towards versioning
the API to prevent breaking anything out there.

René

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue