cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Glenn Wagner <glenn.wag...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Not able to create the Secondary Storage and Console proxy Vms
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 12:13:53 GMT
Hi,

Could you upload your management server logs to pastebin so we can have a look
Did you seed the System template before you started the cloudstack management service

To answer your question the system VM's will use the Reserved system IP address and the management
server will need to communicate with the systemVM's over ssh and the cloudsrtack agent on
the System VM will communicate with the management server on port 8250.

Regards
Glenn

glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
Winter Suite, 1st Floor, The Avenues, Drama Street, Somerset West, Cape Town  7129South Africa
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Dickson Lam (dilam) [mailto:dilam@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, 30 November 2017 6:23 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Not able to create the Secondary Storage and Console proxy Vms

Hi all:

I am new here and need some help to setup Cloudstack 4.9 to manage a VMWare 5.5 Esxi hosts
on a VCenter for demo. I got the management server up and running but Secondary Storage VM
and Console proxy VM get creation failure. The following is the errors:

Secondary Storage Vm creation failure. zone: Zone-Orion, error details: null Console proxy
creation failure. zone: Zone-Orion, error details: null

I have installed Cloudstack 4.9 Management Server on CentOS 7 VM. The setup that includes
one Esxi host with VM DataStorage. The nfs mount secondary storage has 200G disk space  on
the Management Server.
The Esxi host is on vlan 98 with ip 10.89.98.144 and it is located at OrionTest datacenter.
The Management Server VM is on vlan118  with ip address 10.89.118.109 which is on other Datacenter.

I have run the following on the Management server to prepare for the system vm template:

/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt \ -m /export/secondary
\ -u http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.6/systemvm64template-4.6.0-vmware.ova \ -h vmware
\ -F

During the configuration, I have Public traffic range from 10.89.98.210 to 10.89.98.220, Reserved
System IP range from 10.89.98.244 to 10.89.98.254 and Storage traffic range from 10.89.98.147
to 10.89.98.154.

Please point me a direction what is the problem and how to resolve it. Also, Is the Management
Server and the System VM need to be on the same subnet?

Regards
Dickson