cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: kvm/ceph volume snapshots cause other jobs to fail
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2017 11:11:45 GMT
Hi Andrei,

I think it's because snapshots jobs block the job-queue for other items for the KVM agent
(host), other jobs don't get the opportunity to finish. Are you facing this with a particular
VM/volume or in general with any VM/host?

If you think the issue is related to the CloudStack version, you may downgrade to 4.9.2.0
and retry. Alternatively, compare against a test 4.9.2.0 and 4.9.3.0 environment and help
report a ticket/bug with more details. Thanks.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue

http://rohityadav.cloud | @rhtyd

  __?.o/  Apache CloudStack
 (    )#     The best IaaS cloud platform
(___(_)   https://cloudstack.apache.org

________________________________
From: Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:11:22 PM
To: users
Subject: kvm/ceph volume snapshots cause other jobs to fail

Hello everyone,

I have noticed after the recent upgrade to 4.9.3.0 I started having a problem. While the volume
snapshots (kvm with ceph primary storage) take place, I am unable to do most things within
ACS. For example, stopping / starting / migrating vms simply time out. I have done some testing
and this seems to be related to the volume snapshots. If I wait for the snapshot to finish,
or if I manually kill the qemu-img process on the host server, the operations resume to normal.
VMs operations can work just as before. However, as soon as the snapshot schedule kicks in
the next snapshot job, ACS becomes unfunctional again.

Could you please let me know if there is a workaround for this bug?

thanks

Andrei

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com