cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Michael J McCafferty <m...@m5hosting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 20:58:52 GMT
Hi Rohit,

This will break billing for us. We use Ubersmith.

If this change is made, please make it optional (global setting for old and new way) or allow
for different API versions either by option or path that is called.

Thanks!
Mike

Michael J. McCafferty
CEO
M5 Hosting, Inc.
http://www.m5hosting.com <http://www.m5hosting.com/>

Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2017

> On Dec 28, 2017, at 1:52 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>

> We've come across a pull request which changes the event description to use/export UUIDs
instead of the numeric internal ID of a resource. I'm not sure if this could potentially break
any external integration such as billing, crms etc. so wanted to get your feedback on this.
My understanding is external billing/intergrations would consume from the usage related tables
for data than events table.