cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading to XenServer 7.x
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 08:55:12 GMT
Sebastian,

XenServer 7.1 and 7.2 aren't supported in 4.9.x  - the main fix is to add the guest OS mappings
to the database. These have been added for 4.11, but there seems to be a slight change in
behaviour in XS7.1 when adding a host to a cluster which is confusing CloudStack.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Gomez [mailto:tiochan@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 December 2017 08:08
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrading to XenServer 7.x

Hi all.

I had a similar problem, but usign XenServer 7.2. It was a fresh installation from scratch.
The system vms where created, but them *could'nt get the local link IP*, so the cloudstack
agent never went up.

After that, I found the compatibility matrix, where its specified that the compatible versions
of XenServer are up to 7.0...
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.2.0/compat.html#supported-hypervisor-versions

That's the point where I'm, trying to configure them with XS 7.0, but unfortunately XS 7.0
does not provide drivers for our Broadcom
BCM57412 10Gb network eth adapters.
Here we are, working on how to add the drivers...

Good luck!

Atentamente,
Sebastián Gómez