cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Makrand <makrandsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reinstall VM
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:22:12 GMT
Hi,

1) What front end you're using to the cloud? (GUI from where user can
provision/manage cloud resources).
There is an option to restore the VM. API call restoreVirtualMachine,
available for end user as well. For this VM needs to be down and you will
see Reset VM option from GUI.

If I am not mistaken it's as good as a reinstall. Neven tried it though.

2) I am not sure on boot order of VM, but once you load into ISO for
reinstallation, most of the systems boots from ISO bypassing the boot disk.
That's how most of BIOS goes by default.

--
Makrand