cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com.INVALID>
Subject kvm/ceph volume snapshots cause other jobs to fail
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:41:22 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have noticed after the recent upgrade to 4.9.3.0 I started having a problem. While the volume
snapshots (kvm with ceph primary storage) take place, I am unable to do most things within
ACS. For example, stopping / starting / migrating vms simply time out. I have done some testing
and this seems to be related to the volume snapshots. If I wait for the snapshot to finish,
or if I manually kill the qemu-img process on the host server, the operations resume to normal.
VMs operations can work just as before. However, as soon as the snapshot schedule kicks in
the next snapshot job, ACS becomes unfunctional again.

Could you please let me know if there is a workaround for this bug?

thanks

Andrei