cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Makrand <makrandsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HA Storage Solution
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:09:17 GMT
Hi William,

The HA capabilities for storage are offered by OS/Vendor you're using for
storage. Different projects use a different solution for storage HA. (HA
mostly a paid/premium affair). e.g. for one of the zone, we are using LUNs
coming from Hitachi storage array. Hitachi array is the enterprise-class
thing which has HA built in.

If you're just starting and want to test things. I would recommend using
something like FreeNAS. This software-defined storage that caters ZFS. ZFS
offers a software RAID and has lots of features. Plus you can get both
NFS/iSCSI.

If you're having time in hand, try DRBD (DRBD just replicates the blocks
from disk to disk over the network). You create highly available NFS (ACS
supports both primary and sec on NFS. Just make sure you have sufficient
network bandwidth between hypervisor hosts and storage system) cluster
using DRBD on Linux. This would be a bit time consuming to set up.

--
Makrand