cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject RE: Multi Hypervisor Zone/Pod
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 19:57:09 GMT
Thank you Dan.

Regards,
Marty Godsey
Principal Engineer
nSource Solutions, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Dag Sonstebo [mailto:Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Friday, November 3, 2017 11:22 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multi Hypervisor Zone/Pod

Hi Marty,

Don’t worry, not a stupid question :-)

Yes you should download both system VM templates when you seed your secondary storage, and
yes ACS knows which template to use for each hypervisor.

With regards to networking – as  long as the same VLANs (assuming you are using VLANs) are
presented to both clusters and correct trunking is configured on the switches in between –
then yes a user can have VMs on each hypervisor and have them communicate. The VR for an isolated
network will obviously live on one or the other hypervisor, so VMs on the opposite hypervisor
will need to traverse the network on the isolated guest network VLAN to hit it’s default
gateway.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect