cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com.INVALID>
Subject Account notifications for snapshot job failures and other
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 10:46:35 GMT
Hello,

I have recently had a case for one of the cloudstack domains where they have ran out of secondary
storage quota and were not notified of this. In addition, the more serious issue is that their
snapshot schedules were failing without them knowing about it. As the cloudstack admin, I
have also not been notified of both issues, even though I do receive notifications of host
server failures, etc. from cloudstack.

My question is that how do I enable notifications of serious failures, such as snapshot failures
or quota overruns? This is a serious issue as one can imagine - a client is thinking that
their snapshots are being executed just to find out that they were not at the time when the
data has to be recovered.

Thanks
Andrei