cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE][CLOUDSTACK] Apache CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:52:41 GMT
Hi Gregoire,

For 4.9, no systemvmtemplate upgrade is necessary. Please re-perform your tests without upgrading
systemvmtemplate and let us know what failed and what steps were performed, thanks.

Regards.

________________________________
From: Grégoire Lamodière <g.lamodiere@dimsi.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:27:29 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE][CLOUDSTACK] Apache CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

Hi All,

Great job, thanks for this release.
I've made basic testing today ugrading 4.9.2 to 4.9.3.
Except VPC, my test were all successfull.

Is there a systemvm template upgrade to perform ? (I only found new templates for 4.10).

The main bug I found is related to iptable that stop allowing / forwarding traffic for instance
inside VPC.
The use case is :

- Upgrade mgmt from 4.9.2 to 4.9.3
- Check instances connectivity (inside vpc using PAT or static NAT) => OK
- Restart VPC with clean option (or destroy router and let mgmt create a new one)
- Check instancs connectivity (still both PAT /SNAT) => KO
- Try to assign another ACL (to be sure not the same as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9189)
=> still KO

If no systemvm template upgrade is required, I'll dig tomorrow this case, as it sounds a big
blocker to a production upgrade.

Cheers.
---
Grégoire Lamodière