cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE][CLOUDSTACK] Apache CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 03:54:20 GMT
Hi Gregoire,

Thanks for sharing, can you share:

- Your environment details, hypervisors, basic vs advance zone/networking, storage (NFS vs
local storage etc)

- What is your management server os? (centos6, 7, or ubuntu?)

- When you say your VPC failed in 4.9.3.0, what exactly works or does not work in the VPC?
(vm deployment, VR deployment, network rules, ACLs, are the VRs redundant in the vpcs, etc?)

- When you say it fails for old 4.9.2.0 and 4.9.3.0 instances, what do you mean? Do they fail
to deploy or start, can you see any errors in logs or share management server logs?

- For 4.9.3.0, we've seen static nat/PF rules pass with some integration testing done. I'm
not able to reproduce the static nat or PF related tests.

- Rohit

________________________________
From: Grégoire Lamodière <g.lamodiere@dimsi.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:12:57 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE][CLOUDSTACK] Apache CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

Hi Rohit,

Thank your for your answer.
My tests were done without upgrading systemvmtemplates, and I have few more results :

1/ It fails for both old (created on 4.9.2) and new (created on 4.9.3) VPC
2/ It fails for old (4.9.2) and new (4.9.3) instances
3/ As long as the virtual routeur (created on 4.9.2) is not destroyed, static nat / port forwarding
is working
4/ Once a VR is re-created (or freshly created on 4.9.3), it stop working

>From what I can see. If no static nat nor port forward is set for an instance, the instance
can access Internet using the source-nat interface.
Once you assign a port-forward / static nat to a instance, you can no longer access the instance
from outside, and the instance itself can no longer access Internet (but is able to ping the
gateway).

On the VR, the 3 interfaces are properly configured and within VR, no problem to ping Internet.

Anybody else can reproduce this issue ?

---
Grégoire Lamodière

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com