cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Configuring CS with Advance Networking for an internal laboratory
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:11:51 GMT
No problem Luis,

  1.  Advanced networking replies on VLANs (or some SDN isolation method), so you need at
have a range of VLANs free, that you tell CloudStack that it can use.
  2.  The IP ranges I described were only an example you can you any range you like, but ‘public’
traffic generally is going to require a gateway in order to ‘go’ somewhere.
  3.  I looks to me like you are setting all of your interfaces as access ports. You’ll
need ports which deal with multiple VLANs (like ones used for guest networks) to be trunk
ports – with the VLANs which are allowed matching those that you have told CloudStack that
it can use.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

From: Luis [mailto:lmartinez073@yahoo.com]
Sent: 07 September 2017 20:32
To: Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring CS with Advance Networking for an internal laboratory

thank you for your help, I have some questions if you can help me to answer this

1.- can i not use VLAN's for Advance Networking or are necessary for the configuration

2.- Do I need to create an extra server ans use it as gateway for this range of IP's?

3.- this is what I am using to create my vlan's on a Cisco 3560, is this correct?
conf t
interface range Gi0/9 - 10
switchport mode access
no shut