cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Repository for Ubuntu xenial (16.04) broken for CloudStack 4.10
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:05:00 GMT

> Op 26 september 2017 om 16:23 schreef Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingartner@gmail.com>:
>

> Folks,
>
> How is the status of the 4.10 release? I thought it was already released,
> right?
>
> Even though all of the CloudStack packages are in the right folders for
> Precise and Xenial, it seems that only the “Release” file of Ubuntu Trusty
> was updated with the new release files.

That seems like a bug! Probably the Indexing script somewhere. Let me check that.

> Moreover, reading the latest docs found in [1], I would expect only precise
> and Trusty to be supported because of the following sentence there:
> “Please note that only packages for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (precise) and Ubuntu
> 14.04 (trusty) are being built at this time.”
>
> So, my questions are the following:
>
>    - Is Ubuntu Precise still supported?
>       - If not, we must change the docs (I can open a Jira ticket and PR
>       for that)

No, it's not because there is no Java 8 support there.

>    - Is Ubuntu Xenial supported?
>       - If not, we do not need to do anything here. (perhaps removing the
>       files from the repo would be a good idea?)

It is supported. 14.04 and 16.04

>       - If it is supported, we must fix the repo. Does anybody know how to
>       access the “cloudstack.apt-get.eu” repository? Is it managed by the
>       PMC?

It's hosted on download.cloudstack.org right now, which is a CNAME for cloudstack.apt-get.eu

It's hosted by me and PMC members have access. I just need a public SSH key to grant a PMC
member access.

Wido