cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Luis <lmartinez...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Configuring CS with Advance Networking for an internal laboratory
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 19:31:53 GMT
thank you for your help, I have some questions if you can help me to answer this
1.- can i not use VLAN's for Advance Networking or are necessary for the configuration
2.- Do I need to create an extra server ans use it as gateway for this range of IP's?
3.- this is what I am using to create my vlan's on a Cisco 3560, is this correct?conf tinterface
range Gi0/9 - 10switchport mode accessno shutswitchport access vlan 65channel-group 3 mode
activechannel-protocol lacpend
Thank you for your help

      From: Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>
 To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>; Luis <lmartinez073@yahoo.com>

 Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 3:05 PM
 Subject: RE: Configuring CS with Advance Networking for an internal laboratory

Hi Luis,

You can give CloudStack a range of RFC1918 addresses (ie private addresses) to act as an 'internal'
public network.

10.0.1.10 - 10.0.1.30
GW: 10.0.1.254
Netmask - 255.255.255.0

If the gateway at 10.0.1.254 can route to the outside world then CloudStack will still be
able to download templates, if not you can always register a template which you are hosting
on an internal network.

If you do the second option ensure that the global setting 'secstorage.allowed.internal.sites'
includes the hosting server's IP address.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue