cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Migrating VMs from AWS to CloudStack
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 13:19:47 GMT
Taking into account Ivan and Makrands suggestions – if you did manage to dd the image off
the EC2 instance you could use qemu-img to convert it from raw to qcow2. Your challenge is
going to be how to get the raw image out of EC2 and onto on premise storage or an S3 bucket.

Overall though – I agree with Erik – the effort this is going to take you is possibly
better spent rebuilding and automating a fresh rollout on premise. Even if you did succeed
I could see you having a lot of niggles with the exported VMs.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue