cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: Free capacity calculation within ACS
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 08:02:52 GMT
Hi Ingo,

did you try to work with host tags? I am not sure if this will solve it, but it is worth a
try.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jochim, Ingo [mailto:Ingo.Jochim@bitgroup.de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. September 2017 09:48
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Free capacity calculation within ACS

Hello all,

within our CloudStack environment we like to park a couple of large machines in powered off
state.
Those machines are demo machines which are needed only sometimes.
Those machines will get included in the capacity. That means we cannot build new machines
even if there are free ressources on the hypervisors.
We don't want to solve it with overcommitment.
Is there a possibility to calculate free capacity without all powered off machines?

Currently we have a dirty workaround. We created an offering with 1 core and 1MB RAM and used
that for all parked machines.
But this is not very nice.

Any ideas or comments are welcome.
Thank you.
Ingo

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify

the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.