cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jochim, Ingo" <Ingo.Joc...@bitgroup.de>
Subject Free capacity calculation within ACS
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 07:48:10 GMT
Hello all,

within our CloudStack environment we like to park a couple of large machines in powered off
state.
Those machines are demo machines which are needed only sometimes.
Those machines will get included in the capacity. That means we cannot build new machines
even if there are free ressources on the hypervisors.
We don't want to solve it with overcommitment.
Is there a possibility to calculate free capacity without all powered off machines?

Currently we have a dirty workaround. We created an offering with 1 core and 1MB RAM and used
that for all parked machines.
But this is not very nice.

Any ideas or comments are welcome.
Thank you.