cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: somebody experience with bare metal?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 09:01:03 GMT
Hi,

We have a pretty good experience with baremetal deployments in both basic and advanced zones.

Yes, as you said currently cloudstack supports only Dell Force10 switch for dynamic VLAN configuration.

Since this is a plugin model, one can develop their own support for the switches. Only thing
is that, switch should support configuring VLANs dynamically.

Here is the interface to implement
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/networkservice/BaremetalSwitchBackend.java

Regards,
Harikrishna

> On 04-Sep-2017, at 3:45 PM, S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brueseke@proio.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 questions and hope somebody can share his/her experience with me:
> 1) Does somebody have experience with bare metal servers in an advanced network environment?
>
> 2) As far as I understand the docu correctly bare metal servers will only work with Force10
switches because of automated network port configuration of the uplink port for the physical
servers.
Juniper Networks (http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/topic-map/cloudstack-network-guru-plugin.html).
> Does anybody know or using thus plugin?
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
>
> Swen
>

> - proIO GmbH -
> Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
>
> USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
> Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239
>
> Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
> Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,

> informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
> Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please
notify
> the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
strictly forbidden.

DISCLAIMER