cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: IPMI out of management
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 08:06:41 GMT
Hi Victor,

Host-HA pull request is not accepted in CloudStack yet, that feature will be available in
4.11 or future releases.

-Rohit

________________________________
From: victor <victor@ihnetworks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:01:45 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; Rohit Yadav
Subject: Re: IPMI out of management

Hello Rohit,

As mentioned in the following url, IPMI method will help to achieve HA
with KVM hypervisor.

====
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/KVM+HA+with+IPMI+Fencing
=====

I have successfully implemented IPMI out of management with my 2 KVM
hyper-visors successfully.  But I couldn't find a way how we can achieve
HA with the host.  What will happen to the VM's in a host which is in
halted state. Can you explain how the out of management help you in this
case. I couldn't trace out much from the logs.

Regards
Victor

On 08/07/2017 12:33 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Victor,
>

> Which proposed features do you want to know, if they are covered with ipmi oobm? As per
current master, 4.10/4.9 releases, IPMI based out-of-band management works with CloudStack.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue