cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <daniel.herrm...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Creating a Network inside a vpc which isnt attached to the routervm
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:07:41 GMT
Hi,

we are hitting the same limitation, except that we can use 10 NICs on VMware.

The fact that we also use the Private Gateway functionality addes another NIC, besides the
management and outside NIC which is present as well.

I wonder that is the reason for one NIC per tier? Why not just use one outside NIC, one management
NIC and *one* NIC for the tiers, where the VLANs (or whatever isolation method is used) is
trunked, for example just using subinterfaces and dot1Q tags? This would eliminate this limit
for whatever hypervisor that supports trunk to it’s guests (I know for sure about VMWare,
not so much about the other hypervisors).

Regards
Daniel