cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: one question network survey
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2017 14:01:11 GMT
H Imran,
I am not sure I can get from your reply whether you configured anything for those vxlans inside
cloudstack. It sounds like your just trunking upstream.
If I am wrong (not uncommon), you are probably talking about the guestnetwork as it ties your
hosts together, right?

My question is mainly to what did you configure in cloudstack to use vxlans in your cloud.

Thanks,

On 2017/08/28 11:29, "Imran Ahmed" <imran@eaxiom.net> wrote:

    Hi Daan,

    I use a separate trunk  (OVS or non OVS bonded with LACP ) connected to multiple switches
(which are already configured into a switch stack). There can be multiple case scenarios but
I am mentioning the most generic one .

    Hope that answers your question if I have correctly understood your question.

    Regards,

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Daan Hoogland [mailto:daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com]
    Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 12:20 PM
    To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
    Subject: one question network survey

    Devs and users,

    Can you all please tell me how you are using VxLan in your cloudstack environments?

    The reason behind this is that I am planning some refactoring in the networkgurus and
I don’t want to break any running installations on upgrade. If you are not using vxlan but
know of people that might not react, using it, please point me to them.

    Thanks,

    daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com
    www.shapeblue.com
    @shapeblue