cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Dzombic <i...@ip-interactive.de>
Subject Re: Upgrade CentOS 6.5 to 7
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2017 08:35:14 GMT
Hi,

upgrades where runlevel management significantly changes is always
connected with a lot that can go wrong.

Its not as worst as upgrading an older ubuntu to ubuntu 16, but you
might end up being forced to replace the node.

Its suggestable that you simply create fresh centos 7 and migrate the
services.

But in the very end, centos 6 has still some years left of update
maintenance. So as long as you dont run into any compatibility issues,
where you need centos 7 with its newer versions, you should stay with
your centos 6.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:info@ip-interactive.de

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic