cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KVM+HA
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:10:54 GMT
What share primary storage backend do you have for your VMs?

If it is NFS - cloudstack agent writes heartbeat. When issue occurs - the
neighbor hosts will check if the hypervisor that failed - still writes to
heartbeat file. There are bunch of corner case where cloudstack HA does not
kick in - due to uncertainty.

The new framework should address those uncertainties.

KVM HA with IPMI Fencing - Apache Cloudstack - Apache Software ...
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi59uv58pLVAhXHslQKHSU_B5YQFgg2MAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FCLOUDSTACK%2FKVM%2BHA%2Bwith%2BIPMI%2BFencing&usg=AFQjCNG_-JHCYhcZm0lM9M4gKM4vKQ3hew>
[CLOUDSTACK-8943] KVM HA is broken, let's fix it - ASF JIRA
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi59uv58pLVAhXHslQKHSU_B5YQFgg9MAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FCLOUDSTACK-8943&usg=AFQjCNGkOyC0hR4otCJ1LZF4j-2HSayMyQ>

Regards
ilya