cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Kudryavtsev <kudryavtsev...@bw-sw.com>
Subject CloudStack-UI 1.0.6 released on July, 25, 2017
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 08:59:35 GMT
Release 1.0.6 Overview

If you don't see a properly marked document and would like to see the same
press release with images, follow the link:
https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En

On July 25, 2017 we released Cloudstack-UI 1.0.6. During the past sprint,
project team concentrated on extensive code refactoring, which led to
several bug-fixes and also allowed us to include new functions in the
release.

Most important introductions of this release are new VM filtering and
grouping interface, improved representation of resource usage bar, tabs for
VM and Template tags and the time format choice.

Another far-reaching point of the release is our decision to migrate from
MDL to Material2 with which we expect to deliver even more of the nice
features.

An extended summary of the released features and improvements is provided
below.
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#refactoring>
Refactoring

Developers have spent more than a week on refactoring the old code of VM
creation which was written without proper design on early project phase. It
has been reimplemented from scratch.
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#new-interface-for-vm-filtering-and-grouping>New
interface for VM filtering and grouping

A new component was created, which allows presenting a new interface for VM
filtering and grouping in this release. In addition, this component will
help to create a new way of VMs displaying - it will be possible to switch
between views and a new form will be added - a table format similar to the
one offered by the standard ACS interface.

<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#renewed-vm-tabs>Renewed
VM tabs

Reorganized VM details tabs. Previously tabs were "keyword" labeled, in
this release they were changed to icons. It helps to implement more tabs
with compact and visually self-descriptive labels.

NIC and SG details and configuration are moved to a separate tab "Network"
which will help to implement additional network operations for advanced CS
zones.
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#improved-resource-usage-bar>Improved
Resource Usage Bar

Resource usage bar allows switching between "used" and "free" presentations
to help users understanding capabilities in a better way.

<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#virtual-machines-and-templates-tags>Virtual
Machines and Templates Tags

The release introduces VM tags and Template tags tabs. Unlike the native
ACS interface which doesn't use tags, CloudStack-UI uses tags very
extensively to provide additional UX capabilities. In future versions tags
will interact with UI plugins to provide additional capabilities like
clientless SSH access.

<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#time-format-choice>Time
format choice

Users have the possibility to choose a time format (AM / PM <-> 24h), which
is not represented in the native ACS interface. This functionality allows
users to use the system in a convenient time mode in different locations.
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#moving-from-mdl-to-material2>Moving
from MDL to Material2

Since Angular Material 2 is mature now, includes better and more beautiful
components we decided switching from MDL to Material2 which will be
completed
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aopen%20MDL%20Material2>
in
several iterations.
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#deployment-instructions>Deployment
Instructions

The release can be found at GitHub releases (
https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/releases/tag/1.0.6)

Prepared Docker image is available at Dockerhub (
https://hub.docker.com/r/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/).

You can pull it with:

# docker pull bwsw/cloudstack-ui:1.0.6

The project changelog is here:
https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/Changelog

Deployment guide and project info can be found at GitHub pages:
https://bwsw.github.io/cloudstack-ui/
<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#release-107-expectations>Release
1.0.7 Expectations

Version 1.0.7 is planned to be released on August, 7th, 2017. The release
is expected to include new functionality as follows:

   - Templates to VM tags copy support (client-side);
   - Web-SSH plugin, which enables SSH connection facility to VMs without
   desktop client installed;
   - Pulse plugin, which enables displaying of CPU/RAM/IO/NET metrics per
   VM.

<https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui/wiki/106-ReleaseNotes-En#community-message>Community
Message

Dear community member, we will be thankful if you

   - try the project and provide us with a feedback;
   - share the information about the project and the release in social
   media;
   - mark the GitHub repository <https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui> with
   star to support the project;
   - join LinkedIn group <https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13540203>.