cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Grégoire Lamodière <g.lamodi...@dimsi.fr>
Subject RE: Network architecture
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 22:36:44 GMT
Dear Paul / Remi,

Thank you for your feedback and the bounding advice.
We'll go on this direction.

@Remi, you are right about KVM.
Right now, we still use XenServer because Snapshots and backup solutions.
If KVM does the job properly, we might make a try on this new zone.
Do you have any feedback migrating instances from a xenserver zone to a kvm zone ? (should
we only un-install xentools, export vm as template and download in the new zone ? Or is it
a more complexe process  ?)

Thanks again.

---
Grégoire Lamodière
T/ + 33 6 76 27 03 31
F/ + 33 1 75 43 89 71

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 5 juillet 2017 21:05
À : users@cloudstack.apache.org
Objet : RE: Network architecture

Hi Grégoire,

With those NICs (and without any other background).  I'd go with bonding your 1G NICs together
and your 10G NICs together, put primary and secondary storage over the 10G.  Mgmt traffic
is minimal and spread over all of your hosts, so would be public traffic, so these would be
fine over the bonded 1Gbs links.  Finally guest traffic, this would normally be fine over
the 1Gb links, especially if you throttle the traffic a little, unless you know that you'll
have especially high guest traffic.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com