cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <daniel.herrm...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Modifying a service offering in the cloudstack DB
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 07:57:49 GMT
Hi Dag, Hi Ivan,

thanks to both of you for your reply. I would like to build on the question of my colleague
Christian.

Can you elaborate what would happen if we’d just change the service offering in the database?
From my understanding the main problem is, that during VM creation the old and slightly higher
value of 1999MHz has been used for resource calculation, while only 1995MHz will be freed
again when one of the existing VMs are destroyed. Is this correct, are there any other potential
implications?

If this is the only implication, this could be “corrected” with a slightly increased overprovisioning
factor of the CPU resource. This might not be a very elegant solution, but changing the service
offering is a hard problem as well, because we cannot easily reboot all VMs currently hosted
by CS.

Thanks and regards
Daniel