cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Gomez <tioc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retiring OLD Primary Storage - Dealing with System VMs and (assumed) Snapshot related artifacts
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 07:15:44 GMT
Hi David,

Perhaps could help you:
He have 4.5.2, and recently have migrated the storage hardware, and so we
had to migrate the primary storages to the new ones.

I had to move manually some volumes and VMs with snapshots, and I had to
update manually the cloudstack database to inform the new volume locations.

select id,name,pool_id,folder,path,chain_info from volumes where removed is
null and name in ('<volume_name>');

Get the vol ID to be updated

update volumes set pool_id=<new_pool_id>,
last_pool_id=pool_id,chain_info='<new chain info>', folder='<new folder>',
path='<volume_path>' where id =<volume_id>;

We use VMware, so I can't say you the correct format for Xen. Check the
values from other migrated volumes to see correct format for chain_info and
folder.

Regards.

Atentamente,
Sebastián Gómez